Health care in the United States is ridiculously expensive.
Oh, and despite what you heard, it’s not the best in the world. (Although, if you’re diagnosed with cancer, the United States is probably where you want to be.)
So, it looks like the Affordable Care Act is constitutional. I don’t know about you, but I’m glad.
The legislation isn’t perfect, but at least we have a foundation to build upon. For now, people with pre-existing conditions don’t have to worry about being denied coverage. Although I think if you can afford health insurance, but refuse to buy it, your assets should stand good for the debts you incur if you fall ill.
Hopefully, instead of repealing the entire bill, Republicans will enact laws that would discourage “risk takers” from waiting until they’re sick to buy health insurance.
If Republicans are sincere about creating laws that make health care more accessible to Americans, they’ll focus their energy on lowering its cost. Additionally, they’ll repeal laws that’d require a woman to undergo a medically unnecessary procedure because she chooses to exercise a constitutional right. Y’all know what I’m getting at.
There’s been a lot of talk of tyranny lately. I’m not sure why. I’ve always seen the individual mandate as a tax.
“But I don’t want to be forced to pay for something I don’t need.” No one is forcing you to do anything. Don’t buy health insurance, and pay the tax. Don’t want to pay the tax? Then, buy health insurance. See how that works?
It’s not cool that I have to pay more taxes because I don’t have a mortgage or a kid. But if you have a mortgage or a child, all things being equal, your tax bill is lower. That’s not fair either. Such is life. I’ll take my lumps; you take yours.
Is there anything else to talk about besides the Supreme Court’s decision to uphold the Affordable Care Act?
Well, there are a few things.
Image of the Month
Gif of the Month
“When I go to kill a bug but then it starts flying . . . “
Peculiar Search Phrases
1. Whats the most ghetto name shaquana
Hardly. Shaniqua is much ghettoer.
2. How can I save money if I want to drink alcohol
Grasshopper, you’ve come to the right place.
3. Can I cosign a student loan if I have a huge debt?
Even if you can, please don’t.
4. Feeling of taking off a bra
That feeling is called bliss.
5. Buy a new car or run it into the ground
Run it into the ground.
- My Broken Coin: How to Negotiate A Raise From an Insider’s Point of View
- SistersSpace: Sweep Around Our Own Front Door: Part II
- Your Finances Simplified: Are You Ready for Your Student Loan Interest Rate to Double?
- Bargaineering: Save Money on School: Start at a Community College
- FiveCentNickel.com: How Much Does She Spend? Why Comparing Yourself to Others Is a Mistake
Carnivals Featuring You Have More Than You Think
- Carnival of Financial Camaraderie at The University of Money
- Carnival of Money Pros at Simple Finance Blog
- Carnival of Retirement at I Am 1 Percent
- Lifestyle Carnival at Young, Cheap Living
- Yakezie Carnival at One Cent At A Time