The last time we talked about menu planning, I told you I was getting fat. In order to not be fat, I have to be more careful about what I eat.
Although I cooked and enjoyed the Beef Daube Provencal from last week, I didn’t get around to eating much else on the menu plan. It was a lot of food. Because I ate other small meals throughout the day, the recipe lasted me even longer than it normally would’ve.
In my experience, it’s much easier to ensure you’re not consuming excess calories when you keep your diet simple. This week I’m going to try something a little different. My menu plan will consist of one main dish and a bunch of other foods I eat to feel full, satisfied and healthy throughout the day.
- White-Bean and Sausage Stew (main dish)
- Hard boiled eggs (including yolks)
- Rolled oats with ripe banana as a sweetener
- Grilled chicken breast
- Beans, either black or pinto
- Almond butter and apple butter on whole wheat bread
- Brown rice
- Fruit (this week is pineapple and cantaloupe)
What are some of your favorite healthy staples?